The Ministry's Office
Pursuant to Decision No. 459/QD-BTP dated 26 February 2014 of the Minister of Justice prescribing the functions, duties, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry's Office, the Office has functions, duties, powers and organizational structure as follows:
I. Role and functions
The Office of the Ministry of Justice a unit under the Ministry of Justice (hereafter called "the Office") which performs the advisory function to the Minister in leading, guiding, monitoring and management over the activities of the Ministry, the Justice sector; in formulation, synthesizing, monitoring and supervision over work plans; managing information, the press, publication of the Ministry; organizing the performance of administration reform, managing the in-and-out documents; archiving; managing the library of the Ministry; managing the technical infrastructure, assets, budget; ensuring working facilities and conditions to serve all performance of the Ministry and performing internal management according to provisions of laws.
The Office has its own seal and account in accordance with law.
II. Tasks and powers
The Office has the following tasks and powers:
1. Formulating and submitting long-term, five-year and annual work plans of the Office to the Minister; taking part in formulating strategies, master plans and plans of the Justice sector for long-term, five-year and yearly periods;
2. Taking prime responsibility for and coordinating with other units of the Ministry in developing projects and draft legal normative documents within the scope of management of the Office; taking part in appraising and making comments on draft projects and legal normative documents as assigned by the Minister.
3. Implementing approved strategies, master plans, programs, plans, projects and legal normative documents under the scope of management of the Office.
4. Regarding the formulation, synthesizing, urging and supervision of the performance of the Ministry's and the Justice sector's work programs:
a) Formulating and submitting annual, quarterly and monthly work plans of the Ministry and the Justice sector; program and work plans of the Ministry's leaders to the Minister for decision; guiding provincial level People's Committees to develop annual judicial work plans and programs;
b) Monitoring and urging the performance of the work plans and the formulation of the document, schemes of the Ministry; synthesizing the performance results of the work plans of the Ministry and the Justice sector; and proposing solutions for ensuring the performance of such work plans;
c) Submitting the amendment and change of work plans of the Ministry to the Minister for decision;
d) Organizing the performance of the periodical and random reporting, reviewing of the task's implementation at the Ministry and the Sector as provided by law and by the Ministry.
dd) Taking prime responsibility for and coordinating with other units of the Ministry in developing content, managing, exploiting and using database on local judicial activity status.
5. Regarding the assistance to the Minister and Deputy Ministers to monitor and manage the Ministry's activities:
a) Receiving files and documents to submit to the Minister and Deputy Ministers (hereinafter referred to as the Ministry's leaders); examining and making comments on the files and documents before submitting them to the Ministry's leaders for consideration and settlement;
b) Appraising and proposing recommendation on content and programs of attached units submitted to Ministry's leaders at the briefing session of Ministry's leaders.
c) Informing concluding opinions, guidance of the Ministry's leaders to related organs, units, individuals, and supervising and urging the performance of such concluding opinions and guidance; supervising and coordinating the working schedule of the Ministry's leaders;
d) Acting as the first information receiving unit, maintaining the relationship between the Ministry and the superior organs, Ministries, Branches, localities and other organs and organizations.
dd) Organizing meetings and working sessions of Ministry's leaders with units attached to the Ministry; taking prime responsibility for and coordinating with units for preparation of the program, contents and documents for the Ministry's leaders to go on business or to take part into conferences and workshops.
6. Regarding management of press and publication of the Ministry:
a) Providing guidance on the implementation of the press network planning after being approved by the Minister;
b) Monitoring the implementation of the tasks, direction and action plan of the press and publishing agency under their principles, objectives, audience and other matters specified in the license according to provisions of laws and as delegated by the Ministry;
c) Taking prime responsibility for and coordinating with other units attached to the Ministry and relevant agencies and organizations in implementing the communication, media and organizing periodical and unscheduled press conferences on activities of the Ministry and the Justice sector;
d) Performing the task of the Spokesman of the Ministry of Justice as provided by law and by the Ministry; reviewing daily newspapers and journals, serving the management and direction of the Ministry's leaders.
7. Taking prime responsibility for and coordinating with other relevant agencies and organizations in disseminating about the Justice sector.
8. In terms of administration reform:
a) Monitoring, synthesizing and making reports on the implementation of tasks of institutional reform; proposing and organizing the implementation of administration reform plans according to state administration reform programs and plans of the Government and the direction of the Prime Minister;
b) Implementing the method of measuring the satisfaction of the people and organizations for the services of state administrative agencies in the scope of responsibility of the Ministry; proposing measures to improve the Ministerial Effectiveness Index (MEI) of the Ministry.
9. With regards to the administration, documenting, archives and library:
a) Organizing the administration, documenting, archives, communications, and documents/information security at the Ministry according to provisions of laws and regulations of the Ministry;
b) Providing guidance and examining the performance of administration, documenting, archives and documents/information security and application of in-and-out document managing software at units attached to the Ministry;
c) Managing and exploiting the library, information and documents serving the performance of the Ministry and Justice sector.
10. Performing the reception at the Ministry's location and organizing reception to domestic and international delegations; and arranging the meeting place for units and departments attached to the Ministry.
11. Proposing the coordination of events, conferences and workshops of the Ministry and the Justice sector; taking prime responsibility in organizing ministerial level events and conferences as assigned by Ministry's leaders.
12. Managing assets and infrastructure; ensuring the transport vehicles and the working conditions for the Ministry; performing healthcare and ensuring environment hygiene, safe guards, security and order, and fire-explosive prevention at the Ministry.
13. Managing budgets assigned by the State and others funded by external agencies, performing finance accounting regime as delegated by the Ministry and as provided by laws.
14. Monitoring, urging and supervising the activities of thrift practice and waste combat in the Ministry and the performance of the Working Regulation, The Office civility Regulation and other Regulations of the Ministry as provided by laws.
15. Conducting preliminary and final review; performing reporting and statistical regimes in areas under the Office's responsibility according to provisions of laws;
16. Examining, involving in inspection and settling of complaints and denunciations according to provisions of laws and as delegated by the Ministry.
17. Taking part in research, training and fostering activities, and legal education and dissemination within the scope of management of the Office and as delegated by the Ministry.
18. Performing the activity of emulation and commendation, and managing officials and employees according to provisions of laws and as delegated by the Ministry.
19. Collaborating with socio-political organizations of the Ministry to take care material and spiritual life for civil servants, officials and public employees of the Ministry.
20. Fulfilling other duties as assigned by the Minister.