Department of Emulation and Commendation
In accordance with Minister of Justice's Decision No. 826/QD-BTP of April 24th, 2018 defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structures of the Department of Emulation and Commendation, the Department of Emulation and Commendation has the following functions, tasks, powers and organizational structures:
The Department of Emulation and Commendation (hereinafter refer to as the Department) is a unit of the Ministry of Justice with the functions of advising and assisting the Minister with state administration of emulation and commendation work within the Legal branch in accordance with law.
II. Tasks and powers
The Department has the following tasks and powers:
- 1. Formulating and submitting to the Minister the long term, five-year and annual work plan to the Minister; participating in drafting long term, five-year and annual strategy, scheme and plan of the Legal branch.
- 2. Leading or participating in the formulation of programs, plans, schemes, legal normative documents to submit to the Minister to promulgate to institutionalize and implement the Party and State's emulation and commendation policies in accordance with the characteristics and conditions of the Legal branch.
- 3. Implementing emulation and commendation programs, plans, schemes, legal normative documents; monitoring and compiling implementation results, interim and final reviews of emulation and commendation work; providing guidance and popularizing examples of individuals and units during commendation activities.
- 4. Formulating and submitting to the Minister criteria system for emulation and ranking of Ministry's units and agencies in the Legal branch.
- 5. Reviewing, systemizing and consolidating legal normative documents regarding emulation and commendation within the scope of State administration of the Ministry in accordance with law.
- 6. Assisting the Minister to organize and launch emulation campaigns and implementing commendation policies in accordance with law.
- 7. Administrating and providing guidance for Ministry's units for consistent law application regarding emulation and commendation within the Legal branch and carrying out emulation and commendation work within the Ministry's scope of responsibilities.
- 8. Acting as Standing Unit for the Emulation and Commendation Council and Legal Sector Innovation Council.
- 9. Assisting the Minister in carrying out the Ministry's tasks and missions as member of Central Internal Emulation Units.
- 10. Providing technical training for officials carrying out emulation and commendation work.
- 11. Managing the Legal sector's Emulation and Commendation Fund in accordance with law.
- 12. Managing, utilizing and archiving documents and files as well as gathering emulation and commendation results to report in accordance with regulation; managing and updating emulation and commendation database; maintaining and developing Legal branch emulation and commendation work website.
- 13. Carrying out international cooperation work relating to the Ministry and Legal sector's emulation and commendation works in accordance with law and as assigned by the Ministry.
- 14. Examining, inspecting and settling denunciations and complaints regarding emulation and commendation work in accordance with law and as assigned by the Ministry; uncovering individuals or groups' violations of emulation and commendation law and proposing solutions.
- 15. Organizing or participating in scientific research and IT application regarding emulation and commendation work in Legal sector.
- 16. Administering assigned assets and officials and implementing benefits, commendation, penalties, training and education policies regarding the Department's officials in accordance with law and as appointed by the Ministry.
- 17. Carrying out other tasks and powers as assigned by the Minister.