Adopter hands in dossier at Office of Vietnam representative offices abroad in foreign country. Authority of Representative receives dossier, verifies and appraises adopter’s condition;
Authority of Vietnam representative offices abroad in foreign country decides on Vietnamese child adoption;
Adopter receices Decision at adoption ceremony at Office of Vietnam representative offices abroad in foreign country.
Method: Directly at Vietnam representative offices abroad in foreign country.
- Application for Vietnamese child adoption under form;
- Copy of passport or legal papers as passport or resident card;
- Valid Office of foreign adoption issued by State competent authority of the country where adopter resides, allows him receive adopted child. If the country where adopter resides does not issue those papers, it is replaced by equally valid papers or confirmation paper with enough condition for adoption under that country’s laws;
- Questionnaire about psychology, family, society of adopter is issued by authority, State competent authority of the country where he resides;
- Medical Reports done in less than 06 months, calculating to date of receiving dossier, certifying that the person has enough health condition, not catch mental illness or not catch other diseases that can not be discovered, seize control of their behavior, not catch infection by competent health organization of the country where adopter resides;
- Employment and Income Verification about adopter’s income status, proving that person ensure adoption;
- Adopter’s police record issued by competent authority of the country where he resides is not over 12 months, from date of receiving dossier;
- Copy of Marriage Certificate for adopter, in case adopters are husband and wife in marriage period;
- Copy of Child’s Certificate of birth is made for adopted child;
- Two (02) colour photos are taken photo all over at 10cm x 15cm or 9cm x 12cm.
The papers above issued by competent authority of foreign country must be legalized at Foreign Affairs’s Representative Office or Consularate Office of Vietnam in foreign country. Total papers in foreign language must be translated into Vietnamese and certified the translation. In case, cooperation Agreement about adoption between Vietnam and concerning foreign country stimulgates free consular legalization for papers, documents as same, the papers issued by compentent authority of foreign country are free from consularate legalization.
Number of documents: 02 sets
Time of execution: 120 days
Subjects of administrative procedure: Individual
Authority of administrative procedure: Vietnam representative offices abroad
Result of administrative procedure: Decision for Vietnamese child to make as adopted child.
Fee (if any):
Fee for adoption solution: 1,000,000VND;
Fee for adoption registration: not over 2,000,000VND (Detail rate is decided by People's committees of provinces and cities under the central authority).
Requirements and conditions of administrative procedure (if any): None