- The person who wants a Criminal Record cards must apply at the provincial/ municipal Justice Department.
+ Vietnamese citizens submit to the Department of Justice where he/she resides; absence of permanent residence shall be submitted to the Department of Justice where they sojourn; in case of residence abroad, It submits to the Department of Justice where was his/her resident before leaving.
+ Foreigners residing in Vietnam submit to the Department of Justice where they reside.
- Receive the results at Justice Department.
Execution Method: Directly at the Justice Department
- The written application according to sample (Sample No 03/TP-LLTP);
- Certify the photocopies of passports;
- A copy of the permanent or temporary resident card in Vietnam;
- Authorization letter in case of authorized application for Criminal Record card (if the authorized persons are not the parents, spouse or children). The written authorization must be certified or authenticated in accordance with the law;
- Application letter for granting Criminal Record (for individual in the case of authorization requiring Criminal Record No 01) (Form No 04/TT-LLTP).
Number of dossiers: 02 sets
Time of execution:
- Within 10 days after fully receiving the valid dossier. In case of the requirements of Criminal Record was Vietnamese citizen residing in various places or having period of residence abroad, foreigners, or in the case that must verify the conditions of having his/her conviction automatically written off, this period not exceeding 15 days.
- The declaration requirements of Criminal Record (Form No 03/TT-LLTP);
- The declaration requirements of Criminal Record (for personal use in the case of authorization requirements Criminal Record No 01) (Form No 04/TT-LLTP).
Subject to administrative procedure: Individual
Authority of administrative procedure execution: provincial/ municipal Justice Department
- The police agencies;
- The Court: in case there are not sufficient evidence at the police agencies to conclude that the applicant has no criminal records or the content of the applicant's criminal records is not clear;
- The competent authority of the Ministry of Defense: in case the Criminal Record granted to person who are officers, non-commissioned officers, soldiers, professional soldiers, defense workers;
- People's Committees of communes, wards and townships; agencies, organizations and agencies related proceedings: in case of coordination to verify the conditions of having his/her conviction automatically written off.
Result: Criminal Record card
Fees (if any): 200,000 VND/issuance/person
For pupils, students, people with meritorious services to the revolution, the relatives fallen cost 100.000VND/issuance/ person.
Requirements and conditions of administrative procedure (if any): None