- If foreign lawyer wants to practice in Vietnam, it is necessary to submit Dossier of request for Practising License in Vietnam to Ministry of Justice.
- After receiving all valid documents and fee, Ministry of Justice shall grant the Practicing License in Vietnam to foreign Lawyer. In case of refusal, it is required to give notice in writing.
Method: directly in Ministry of Justice or Postal System
- Application for issuing Practicing License in Vietnam
- Papers certifying that he/she is a lawyer of a foreign lawyers organization designated to practice profession in Viet Nam or papers certifying the recruitment by a Vietnam – based foreign lawyer’s profession-practicing organization, Vietnamese lawyers or Vietnamese law partnership where such foreign lawyer is expected to work.
- A copy of the lawyer’s profession-practicing certificate of foreign lawyer, a summary of professional background, written judicial record or other papers of substitute value.
Number of documents: non regulation (actually 01 set)
Time of execution: 30 working days from receiving complate Dossier and fee
Subjects of administrative procedure: Individual (Foreign Lawyer)
Authority of administrative procedure: Department of Judicial Support - Ministry of Justice
Result of administrative procedure: Practicing License in Vietnam to foreign Lawyer
Fee (if any): 1,500,000 VND/ 01 issuing time
Requirements and conditions of administrative procedure (if any):
Foreign Lawyers who satisfy full following conditions will be issued Lawyer Practicing Cerificate in Vietnam:
- Having lawyer’s profession – practicing certificates granted by the foreign competent agencies or organizations which are still valid;
- Respect Constitution and Law of Socialist Republic of Vietnam;
- Being designated by a foreign lawyers’ organization to practice their profession in Viet Nam or being recruited by Viet Nam based foreign lawyers’ profession – practicing organization or a Vietnamese lawyer practice organization to work at such organization.